• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wininet.dll crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

IE & Firefox & Incredimail all crash with wininet.dll errors.... how can I fix this... Ive tried everything.

Tried to get the file off my win xp cd.. but it asks for a sp2 cd and I just got a sp1 version.

I surf a bit then will get the crash IE just closes... but both Firefor & Incredimail will both tell me what the error was.

Ive looked on the MS site but I cant find anything to help me. I had a power flash the other day and the errors started up. So something is corrupt I think.

TY for any help.
rcillig

Have you tried updating IE?

Did you run the SFC /scannow

If not go to your go to your windows help and search for SFC

In a nutshell place your XP disk in the drive and go to your run box and type
sfc /scannow
hit OK and see what happens

Last edited:
man its hard for me to seasrch fir a fix for this since everything crashes on me... aol,netscape... foxfire.. IE...

yes Ive tried to update IE, I will try SFC /scannow now.

Good luck, I shoulda mentioned that If it were me I would run some hijack this and some spybot and such. Might even run CWSshredder.

man everything is crashing becasue of this..... Ive ran a av and spyware scan just to make sure both came up empty.

I can seasrch much for a cure since when I start looking and about time I find a related site it crashes on me.

Crashed 2 times trying to wright this post.

oh ya cant run the SFC /scannow becasue it asks for a win xp pro cd with sp2 and mine just has sp1 on it.

Back