• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios 0304 for P5WD2-P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks Pinky..

Did a search and I can't find it....argg....this new rig is driving me nuts...

Can't break 280 FSB 15x. Best it can do is 290 w/14x multi @ 1.525v. It can run dual stresscpu for a couple hours w/o errors but can't run pcmark04 without rebooting. I'm out of ideas. Tried various vcore settings but no go.

Lou.

d94 said:
whats the best bios for this board!?

0509 or 0422 from what I've been reading. Nice OC BTW!! Just wish I could break 300 FSB on a 14x multi...damn reboots :bang head

I found the 0204 to be the most unstable. I have just uploaded the 0409 to that link above in case you want to try it.

BigStan said:
I found the 0204 to be the most unstable. I have just uploaded the 0409 to that link above in case you want to try it.

Thank you :santa:

How did you like 0409? Does it have the shutdown/reboot issue?

Lou.

Well actually I never tried 0409. But there were some ppl in XS.org that prefered it over 0422. I'm pretty much at 0509 because I like the 14 multi

BigStan, can you use SetFSB with 0509 or does it trash the SMBus like 0512? I've been on 0304 forever and just tried 0512 for the hell of it. I like 0512 since it have more mem ratios and seems a bit more stable for BIOS OCs, but SetFSB does not work with it :(

No I've never tried Setfsb. What does it do different than AI Booster? There have been several ppl that have tried 0512 and went back to 0509. I did OK with both.

Here are some more BIOS files - Click Here

It basically does the same thing (let's you alter FSB on the fly in Windows) and you can also alter PCI-e. It does not require any restarts > 265 FSB like AIB (probably to pick up the new mem ratios), it goes a higher in FSB (410 if you select Ultra) and once you set the FSB, you can close it and the setting stays, unlike AIB which needs to stay open.

I guess I'll try 0509 at some point soon to see if it works with SetFSB. If you happen to try SetFSB on the 0509 BIOS, can you please post back and let me know if it works or if you get a SMBus error?

Thanks for the link...I have most of those already, but I am sure others will find it useful ;)

Thanks, saves me the trouble ;) Whatever they changed from the stock BIOS in those updates changes something in the SMBus and breaks SetFSB. Oh well. I guess if I want to ever run >340FSB, I'll need to go back to 0304 :(

Back