• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nicgep

Registered
On my amd64 3000+ newcastle system(all stock settings),
when i boot it up it goes into windows most of the time but now
it will go into it and freeze up if i open anything
i can open task manager without it shutting down...please help me

i also tried reformatting and it did not help.

Are all the drivers installed?

Did you check CPU temperatures?

GPU temperatures?

I honestly dunno what it is off the bat, so let's start w/ those basics.

Ok its not overheating. Ill give you more details.

The system will boot to windows sometimes. When it does get to windows it will run for about 30 seconds then freeze and my screen will go black as if someone turned off the video, then a little color thing in the center(happens when u shut off a monitor) like splash of color happens.

When i added a pci card and used it, it worked fine. Nothing is overclocked at all. If you need anymore information tell me.

Also when i first got my comp it would beep(like it supposed to) when i start it(just one beep) then the cd rom drive would like click on. Now my cd rom drive clicks then it beeps and will usually shut down.

It definately sounds like ur video card isn't working right, and very possibly overheating, if u can, check the temperature of it w/ some sort of program while in windows.

Video card temps at 54 when in safe mode. Could it be abythibng other than the video card(besides the agp slot)?

What pci card are you using that does work? I once had a problem similar to this with windows 98. I upgraded to xp and all was well.

IT sounds like your video card is failing. If another video card works fine then it should be the VC. Try another AGP one just to make sure.

Yeah the speed is at default. i just sent my vid card back right now i have a P.O.S. 9200 in, but it will do until i get it back. But why does my comp beep after my cd rom drive clicks on it used to be the opposite beep then cd rom clicks on...?

Back