• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the board. My rig is on its way! Check it out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M374llic4

Registered
Hey everyone. I am new to the board, and just ordered my new gaming rig. Heres what i got.

Athlon 64 3700+ (939 Sandy)
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
OCZ DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Performance Series / 1GB Modules (2)
Leadtek PX 6800 GT TDH / 256MB DDR3 / PCI Express / SLI
Maxtor Serial ATA-150 200 7200 8MB (2)
Aspire X-Navigator Aluminum Clear Side, Built-in Fan Controller and 500-Watt Power Supply

Let me know what you think : D

I am planning on creating a custom case and watercooling kit once i get it all in.

It was supposed to come today, but alas no show. So now I have to wait till monday : (

It was supposed to be here yesterday : ( but alas no show, I will be restless untill it arives! Gotta wait till monday : ( I have great plans for the cooling ^_^ Custom made watercooling and peltier AC unit, Custom modded case inspired by TheBestCaseScenarios.com DOOM3 case. Lots of goodies ^_^ Definatly a project to watch!

I finally got everything and hooked it up. Here are some pics : D

Attachments

• P0000001.jpg
    P0000001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P0000003.jpg
    P0000003.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P0000025.jpg
    P0000025.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 39
Sure thing. I gotta go to walmart and get some new batteries for my camera though, they died while i was transfering images : P haha.

I messed up putting on the case cpu temp senser, i couldent get it to stay, so i just kinda set it next to the cpu, if i take off the heatsink, do i have to reapply thermal paste? My arctic silver isnt here yet >_<

I plan on doing some watercooling soon because its pretty warm in my room, and full loads running between 38-41c which i think is kinda high. with idle being around 35-38 usualy.

Im going to make a custom peltier AC unit for the computer after i figure out what all I want to do.

I messed up putting on the case cpu temp senser, i couldent get it to stay, so i just kinda set it next to the cpu, if i take off the heatsink, do i have to reapply thermal paste? My arctic silver isnt here yet >_<

Unfortunately yes. When you remove the heat sink, the thermal paste becoems very uneven and there's no way to put the block back on without getting lots of air bubbles. if you don't have any grease around, I'd wait until they arrives so you wouldn't have to redo the paste more than once.

Back