• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Restore - need quick response

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

will it bring back some files? ive lost some work (no i didnt delete it) and i need it back urgently!!!!

will a system restore do this?

no it will not.

If you did not delete them or accidentilly move them what do you think happened to them? have you tried a search or in the recycle bin?

I have not used XP in awhile but I actually remember I once deleted a folder and did restore and it did in fact bring the folder back. At least I am pretty sure, though it was awhile ago so I could be wrong. Now though I use Get Back NTFS, which works really well for getting back files. It does however cost money, so you may want to try something else. I would do a google search for free data recovery software.

System restore won't recover files. The only possible scenario where it would 'restore' files is if they were in the recycle bin, in whih case there is much quicker easier way to get them back. System restore just rolls back system settings and system files.

If you didn't delete the files try searching for them.

Back