• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different cpu vcore voltage readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xpred

Registered
I just recently built a new system with an Athlon 64 2800+. The normal Vcore is 1.5V as indicated by the BIOS (default). But using Everest & CPU-z, it says my cpu Vcore voltage is around 1.53V-1.57V jumping back and forth. I guess the jump is because of the Cool'n'Quiet technology. But shouldn't it be less than 1.5V? I had a P4 which Vcore's also 1.5V, but it was usually shown up as 1.47V-1.49V. But then again I guess it's okay for this Athlon?

Well, here's what I notice in CPU-Z. My multiplier is at 9x and my voltage is usually around 1.55V or so (CnQ off). Only when it is with C'n'Q turned on, then it will drop to 1.13V or so because of the technology used. But without it, I guess my board seems to be overvolting a little bit. Is this bad? It's a new system and I'm beginning to get worried.

I wouldn't worry, just make sure your temps are fine. If it really bothers you, set the voltage in the bios to 1.475 or so, test to make sure that it is stable at that voltage, and leave it.

I can't set my voltage any LOWER than default which is 1.5V (so I can only set vcore to 1.525, 1.550, + etc), unfortunately.

Back