• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel boot XP x64 Pro and XP Home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codeseven

Registered
I have XP x64 Pro already installed and I would like to add XP Home (SH3 wont run on x64, crap!). My current partitions are..(F) XP x64 Pro and a few apps, 8gigs/3.2gigs free, (G) Games, 30gigs/18.1 free, (H) Documents and Settings, 32.8gigs/32.6 free. I have my XP Home upgrade disc (had used it for an ME to XP upgrade on a different PC), can it be used for this? Can I put the XP Home partition anywhere? In the (H) drive? Thanks

Mike

Yup what he said.

Just use a partition program and make yourself a second partition. Then boot with the Home CD and voila' instant dual boot goodness.

Thanks fellas, thats great. Couple of questions:

1) Doesn't any additional OS you add have to be within a relatively small area, close to the 'boot sector?"? (of the first OS).

2)If so, is there enough room left on partition (F) for another OS?

3)if not, can I take a chunk of partition (H) and use that?

I have Partition Magic installed but I dont want to move a bunch of my 'carefully' installed programs around and risk messing them up just to play SH3 on XP Home :)

Thanks

1. Nope. I used to (and still do) dual-boot WinXP Pro and *nix (whatever linux flava-of-the-day i have installed) on 2 different Hard Drives.

2. Up to how it was partitioned

3. Use partitioning software like Partition Magic or in knoppix... QTParted

Back