• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD program maximizes funky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I use PowerDVD 6 and it use to work fine, but now when I try to runa dvd full screen the DVD stays the same size as the window was, the rest of the screen goes black and the dvd moves to the upper left hand corner of the screen.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that does not help. I also got the ASPI layer drivers and installed those and that helped then I changed a setting and it reverted, after which I tried restoring all the settings and it still maximized to the upper left hand corner of the screen.

Windows Media Player 10 plas the DVDs full screen just fine, however I dont like using WM10 as I notice the picture is not as sharp and I dont like the controls as much

Any Suggestions?

I dont think it is a software problem, Sounds like a configuration difficulty. In PowerDVD, goto Configuration>video>Advanced and check the settings there. I leave mine at ' Don't change resolution '.

As far as my monitor I leave the resolution at 1024x768 as well. But then I don't use my computer to watch movies much. They go to my video server then out to TV

Last edited:
I tried changing the video settings and that didnt help.

I tried that blaze program, its a decent program but that is only a temporary fix as I got the demo, I still need to get my copy of PowerDVD to work all the way as I fully own the program

Back