• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Temps is it ABIT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clockless

Ok I have a ic7-g just put my water cooling componets in my system had previosuly used on my old setup same exact setup i have now except for the motherboard. Well with my water on my old setup my load was like 44c or so no overclock that was on an asus p4c800-e DLX no on the ic7 my idle is 40c what gives? On the abit board I had better temps with a heatsink and fan intel for a presscott. my processor is a northwood so temps should be lower than presscott

Its Abit. Our boards tend to be noticably higer than they should read. There have been a lot of new BIOS updates that have recalibrated the CPU temp. Im at about 10c less than i was before. Check the abit website and update your BIOS because it looks like yours has been recalibrated a few versions ago.

Thanks yah I knew something was up seen on here before that abit reads high and yah normally the radiator will feel hot because its dispusing heat but its not hot at all to the touch. will be updating bios today

Thanks, Eric

Asus reads a little lower than actual temp while Abit typically reads a little higher than actual.

Here's a test that compared Pentium temperatures from Abit and Asus, confirming batboy's statement:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/reviews/abit_asus_temps/abit_asus_temps_01.html

And here's a method to calibrate your CPU sensor:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article191-page1.html

When I did that with the AI7, it showed that the CPU temp was reading 9-10C high, just like the test above with an independent sensor. Don't know if the newer boards and their BIOSs are still off that much.

(Sorry, can't get the embedded hyperlink tool to work.)

I currently have had the lates by in my board since I got it since they dont make any new bios and this is basically a new board

Back