• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video editing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximo

Registered
I'm trying to edit a bunch of avi clip I've taken to make a few little movies but I cant seem to figure out a few things. I have Premiere and Vegas and I'm having problems with both. In Premiere I cant figure out how to even open a file, everytime I try it says, "Unable to open that file. File uses an unsupported compression format." Any idea what this means and how to get it to work? Now, In Vegas when I open the file in the Trimmer to edit, it opens it in wave form so I cant actually see the clip, so how am I suppose to edit the clip if I cant even see it? Now, if anyone can anwser any of these questions could you please tell me how to edit clips with either program? I cant figure out how to cut little chuncks of video within the video, out? then join them back together? Please tell me how to do this?

Last edited:
how large of file are you working with ?

and i would say you need to find a converter to match the prgrams supported file extexnsions.

Back