• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case build, starting to compile ideas.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bert202

Basically I'm starting to compile ideas for a new case, I have blue right now so I'm thinking green for my next set up. Here's my thoughts, I'm wondering if it will work like I think, what would make it better and what kills it?

I'm thinking a silver case, most colored ones seem gaudy to me, possibly a lian-li. I don't want an intense green so I'm going to go with a white cold cathode and green fans. I will also have watercooling so the green water will help put this green glow to the case rather than an intense greenlight coming from the base.I want accents in a darker green so I'm going to sleeve wires in green with black heatshrink. How much of the 1/4" and 1/2" will I probably need to cover my PSU?

I will possibly put a sound reactive green 6" light at top of case by CD drives, or maybe a Green Laser light. One thought was to put EL wire behind the motherboard and Mobo tray so there would be a green light going across the back of the case, I'm not sure if the wire would put out enough light though, anyone know?

I'm getting the OCZ Modstream PSU which also puts out green light. Since I'm already going to re-sleeve my cables I was thinking of getting new connectors as well.

Any thoughts of what would make this machine look better? Also do you think the white light with all else green will work well?

Thanks for help
-R

i personally like "clean" computers meaning little or no light. to each his own though right? and i think green, black, and blue have been WAY overdone and same with red and black. be creative.

-1cem4n

Back