• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optical drive...drivers..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drec

My dvd-r drive isn't working and under device manager i get "missing or corrupt driver" but considering windows supplys the drivers, WTF, it's a NEC ND-2500A, i looked on their site for drivers but they don't offer any for 2000 or XP...i would grab the drivers off the windows CD but...uh i can't USE the drive! :bang head

Delete the drive from your DEVICE MANAGER , reboot , and see what happens . Maybe a CHECK DISK is in order first .

yeah i uninstalled it, rebooted, detected it, attemped to install drivers, got some error and it's back to how it was, how can i run check disk on a disk that doesn't even show up in my computer?

i just need drivers for it....can't find any for XP anywhere..

I meant you to try to check your main drive c: for errors .

I also found this : HERE .

If all fails do a system repair ( not the first repair option offered , but the second "repair" option given just before WinXP format/install is asked) .

Thanks stereo but i found a help article on MS.com that had me delete some registry key and it worked...weird..i'm just glad i can play BF2 now :D

i called NEC up first and got a tech who told me i should use Linux LOL.

Back