• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Excel urgent help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

Hi guys, I've got to hand this out tomorrow and I still have one tiny problem:
I've made a chart and on the lines there are two point which I need to drop lines from.
This is a scattered type chart and I can't find the option while in Line chart I can but the Line chart doesn't do what I need.
Here is a pic:
I need lines to go out from points C1 and C0 to their value in the X and Y axis.
Thanks guys.
excel15fe.jpg

Just add 4 more series to the plot.

- Series 1. Horizontal line from y-axis to point C1: X values [0, ~150], Y values [~500 ~500]
- Series 2. Vertical line from x-axis to point C1: X values [~150 ~150], Y values [0 ~500]

Repeat for point C2 (series 3 and 4).

PS: The chart "type" is just a template. You can manually edit the line style, marker style, etc. You can put lines on a scatter plot and points on a line plot.

Its a chart for my economy class, its the basic form of production and consumption possibilities.
Anyhow I found a better way, I added error lines which are soposed to simulate margin or error but I just set them at 100% so they touched the axis.
Thanks anyway and sorry about the "urgent thing" but the paper is due tomorrow.

Back