• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-= PC 2700 ram on Price Watch =-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doctor

FYI.........

I just noticed PC 2700 ram on Price Watch. It starts at $55.00, and says "House Brand".

It comes with a "Tweak Guide" :eek: !!

I wonder what that is ;)

Has anybody tried this stuff yet??

Doctor

Crucial 2700 "coming soon"

Just for anyones info ..... I read an article that Micron is now producing 2700 DDR . So I then e-mailed Crucial about this , and I was told that Crucial will have 2700 DDR out by early of next year ! Thought you may like to know . ;)

a few people have but I wouldn't go with house brand wait for a big name company to put it out there like Micron or Nanyo would be some I would recommend from hearing others results.

Yeah, Andy has some of that Nanya...looked pretty sweet! :)

*Moved to "Memory"*

I had some memory I got at a computer fair. 2x256 megs nanya pc2100 memory. I just returned it today because I could only get my fsb up to 128mhz. Got my cool corsair pc2400 and im up to 145 and will go higher when I can afford to bust out the water/pelt cooling.

where do you buy this corsair memory? Or the 2700mem, I need to know quickly cause its me birthday soon and i want to get a new board.
Also will pc 2400/2700mem work with all ddr boards, ie: asus a7v266? which just says ddr not which speed.

Memory??

Sure thing, basically DDR is DDR, the 1600, 2100, 2400, 2700 are just designations of their ability for bus speed. My Corsair PC2400 will do a 150/300 mhz FSB @ CAS 2. If Corsair made a PC 2700 like the 2400, it would do 166/332 @ CAS 2

You can go here to find the best prices on memory, and everything else 4 that matter.

You will probably even find someone willing to ship it over the pond ;)

Doctor

Last edited:
I've never seen PC2400, or 2700 in 512meg configurations.

As for the "CAS" numbers, they are related to the memory timings. Memory running at a set bus speed will be faster at CAS-2, than at CAS-2.5, or 3. My Corsair will run 166 FSB @ CAS 2, esssentially making it PC 2700. But if Corsair made PC2700 (it's coming), I'm sure that it will run CAS-2 @ say 175 FSB. This is just conjecture, since I haven't tried it. Give "Wild Andy", a senior member here a shout. He managed to get his hands on some Nanya PC2700 that he's been able to get to outrageous speeds. He's from the U.K. too :)

I hope this helps you out,

Doctor

As long as all available modules use 7.5ns chips (or do they?), can there really be any significant performance between PC2100, PC2400 or even PC2700 DDR, given that they can all operate at the same FSB speeds?

Someone please educate me!

1st, who's to say that they are all 7.5ns chips? Although, the ones on my Corsair PC2400 appear to be 7.5ns Micron's. My GeForceIII has 3.8ns DDR. Also, from my understanding, there is a BIG difference in the chips themselves. Like CPU's, all are not created equally, and for this memory, as well as Mushkin's, the chips that make up the ram stick itself are hand selected. Also, from what I understand, the quality of the PC board that they are mounted on, as well as the configuration, and amount of layers of the board, make one brand, and configuration work better than others.

I hope that my limited understanding of these things help you understand, as well,

;)

Doctor

nope he hasn't replied i'll try again. How come when you look at all the g3's their mem is about 460 and yet everyone who has ne has it at nearly 600! are they that good 4 ocing wothout them getting slower? how cme the companys dont pre oc em and sell em?

Back