• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get rid of an XP Pro install when...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stftk_137

Registered
hey how do I get rid of an XP Professional install...installed in C:/WINNT and just run an XP Home install I have in C:/WINDOWS....by the way "someone" :argue: deleted my C:/WINNT folder

so the installation in C:\winnt is already deleted because someone deleted that directory?

are you asking for help with the boot.ini file?

no just tryign to make my box work :( lol .... I installed home into the C:/Windows folder because the upgrade I did from 2k on C:/WINNT to XP Pro wasnt installed correctly but now its giving me nothing but problems

Just delete the XP Pro folder like any other folder. Of course you will need to be using the XP Home install to do this. Also make sure you boot.ini folder is set up to boot the XP Home install. Once the files are deleted go back and edit boot.ini again and tell it to pick XP Home after 0 seconds. So that way you no longer see XP Pro and you have the space back. If you need help with the boot.ini folder ask.

no its all good and stuff now :D lol thanks I played with boot.ini file...and repaired my Home installation its all okay now...for now...I think we will have to see thanks guys!

Back