• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Officially Hates NF4 Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

after 7 tries! yes you read the #7..

Format, Install, Boot, Install 6.53 or 6.66 Drivers or DFI LP CDRom Drivers, reboot, freeze, reboot, freeze, reboot, freeze, reboot, format, install....

you get the picture...

any reason why it would hate these drivers?

ive tried it too many damn times ... it wont do it on a sata drive...

So it works fine if you do it on an IDE drive and avoid the sata controller?

Are you installing the IDE drivers it brings?

I read somewhere in DFI boards to avoid these cause they create problems.

clocker: nope dont install the dx9c drivers before the chipset..

Cid: im installing everything that comes with the nf4 chipset drivers only because ive never had any problems before untill now..

telexen: yeah my ide drives work great, and sata did before, but now it doesnt

Fr3@k3r said:
clocker: nope dont install the dx9c drivers before the chipset..
If you are using the DFI LP disk I think it requires DX9 be installed first...mine won't let me do anything else first.

I would suggest you don't install them IDE drivers 6.66 brings if your not using RAID.

I remember clearly reading in DFI forums somewhere where Angry_Games(DFI mod) said to avoid installing these cause they can create problems.

Not a single issue with my installs.

DFI nF4 board...
X2 3800 and 2x512MB TCCD,
SATA Maxtor boot Drive, Maxtor PATA dump drive,
LG DVD-ROM, Lite-on CD-ROM
Installed with a PCI all-in-wonder PCI card 1st install. Radeon X850xt second install.
Everything I am not using is off in the BIOS, Printer ports, IDE channels/controller, RAID controller, 2nd NIC ect stuff like that.
Finally set the default boot disk to the SATA HDD

Also note you should install an OS at stock speed.

Proceeded with install and no special disk for IDE is required unless you go RAID.
So I am not sure what problems you guys were having.
Once booted installed just the NIC Driver, no chipset or anything
Downloaded latest drivers for nVidia.com, install chipset, the remainder of my drivers, and away I went. The I updated my BIOS for dual core, and did a reinstall again.
Hoped DFI shipped flash, and I lost that battle. Plus feeling single core VS dual core, its a whole new world of happy computing.

Asus NF4 board
X2 3800 2x512 Generic Ram
SATA HDD Maxtor, LG DVD-ROM
X800xl
Large issues without BIOS support for the CPU.
Clock speed was way off and so was RAM
Once Dual Core BIOS installed, no issues
Same procedure with drivers as the DFI board.

You guys must be missing a step.
Or doing something in an odd order to have a issue installing drivers

What errors are you getting?

JaY_III said:
Not a single issue with my installs.

You guys must be missing a step.
Or doing something in an odd order to have a issue installing drivers

What errors are you getting?

well good for you :p

anyways... i always do the same thing during every format/reinstall..

#1 - turn off pc, unplug all extra items (extra hdd's, sound card, floppy, 2nd cdrom)
#2 - turn on pc boot into bios, load optimized defaults, throw it into load cdrom first.
#3 - load into the windows cdrom, format fully the hdd im installing it on..
#4 - load into windows, install network drivers, install video card drivers, install chipset drivers including the ide because i used multiple ide and sata hdd's..
#5 - reboot, load, finish installing shtuff, activate windows, windows update, reboot

thats the same thing i do every time, but unless im installing windows on my IDE it wont load windows past the splash screen when installing the nf4 ide drivers unless its in safe mode

JaY_III said:
what driver version are you tring to install?

nothing i got everything fixed... i was installing all the nforce drivers like i used to and kept getting a frozen splash screen after reboot for the first time after installing them... didnt install the nforce ide drivers and rebooted fine.. altho im using raid in secoundary hdd's that shouldnt of made a difference if i installed them or not

Back