• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laser Mouses... Which to choose.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the G5. Of course I'm still not a big fan of wireless. Regardless of which one you choose, they all seem to be pretty nice.

I had the old razer boomslang, then the MX700, and now the plasma one lord linked you too. The oldest boomslang was the best for games, but it was anoying cleaning out the trackball every other day. The MX700 was garbage for gaming, and this new one is very nice. It's corded which isn't a problem at all for me, has a great feel and works well in FPS. Only complaint with all newer mice is they arn't heavy enough (like my old boomslang), but that's neither here nor there as no one makes a nice heavy optical mouse these days

I have an MX1000, and I thoroughly like it. I haven't tried the others, so I cannot make a comparison, but I do believe you will not be disappointed in buying the MX1000. I also think the MX1000 has more functionalities overall than the newest G7, except for the mouse sensitiviy changing button.

If you are going to be playing FPS games i recommed you get a corded mouse. If you are going to be playing mainly RPG/RTS games then wireless is good.

I have used Microsoft Intelli Mouse for 3 years now and its been working great but recently I upgraded to Logitech MX518 And i've seen huge improvement in my game as far as accuracy goes. I play Brothers in Arms, Rtcw, Rtcw:et, and CS.

Overall its not going to be that big of a deal if you use it for a day, but after a few weeks you will notice that your aim will be more accurate then before.

I know the MX518 is not one of the choice you listed, but if you want to stick to the ones you decided on, get the corded mouse.. which would only be the Copperhead.

ajrettke said:
The MX700 was garbage for gaming

You must have had a bad one because the MX700 is a great gaming mouse. I have used one for a little over a year (MX1000 now), and I can say from experience that the MX700 is great for all kinds of gaming, FPS included. I'm still not sure why many people say that woreless is abysmal for gaming. I have used both high-end wired and wireless mouses in gaming and there are no negative differences between wired and wireless.

That being said, I would go with the MX1000. It is definetly the best mouse I have used on quite some time.

LordDarik said:
I agree, definitely go with a corded mouse if you're gaming.
Unless weight is the primary concern, theres no reason not to use wireless.

I like the G7, but that's because I have a liking of wireless mouses, so I can mouse across the room. I like the dual battery design and the multiple DPI settings :)

I use a Razer Diamonback which replaced my trackball which I absolutely loved in FPS games. The DB is a great mouse for gaming, but I just stepped up to the Copperhead and anticipate it will be much better than the DB. I have friends that also swear by the Copperhead so that and my experience with the DB have steered my decision.

Yeah, I think I might go w/ the G5, unless they G7 or Copperhead are coming out EXTREMELY soon. I actually found out about the G7 from a tiger direct magazine. The thing I don't like about corded mouses are that if the cord isn't long enough, it drags. The other feature about the G7 that I liked was the dual battery packs and the new wireless. For example, in the MX700, the USB is connected to the charger, but I think that in the G7 EVERYTHING is wireless, but that's just what I can speculate from the picture.

CalsonicGTR said:
The G7's charging station should be a wired USB cable connection to the computer.
So it's the same as the MX700? Just looked at the picture again, I mistook the Interference eliminator as the wireless connection.
I was just looking at the
Logitech MX610 and wanted to get your opinions on it. Since it seems to be right up there w/ the G7.

If ur gonna buy a new mouse get the Copperhead (b/c it has 2 buttons on each side), i dont think that the GS series is worth the money I would go with a mx510.

zematis said:
If ur gonna buy a new mouse get the Copperhead (b/c it has 2 buttons on each side), i dont think that the GS series is worth the money I would go with a mx510.

The dynamics of a mouse are opinions, and not a fact. Some people like the MX510/G5 series (tahts me), but some like the Razer DB/CH style.

I personally like the layout of both mice. Using the Razer's 3 main buttons (two clicks and scroll wheel), I like it more than my MX518. But the side buttons are in the worst place for me. I go to hit one, and I hit the other. It just isn't good for me, plus, when I'm gaming, i'll end up hitting buttons 6/7 on the right side with my ring finger because they press in too easily.

Opinion or fact? ;)

Back