• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP setup rebooting itself after new computer built...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glass19

Registered
Good god this is annoying!

This would be like my tenth system I've built and I've thrown everything I know about troubleshooting at this problem...

stats:

AN8-Ultra Bios rev. 17
AMD x2 3800+ Toledo core
OCZ pc4000 Gold Edition 2x512 and also another stick of OCZ pc4000 Gold Edition Rev. 2 2x512 to make it a full 2 gigs. both running in Dual channel @ 2.8 volts.
EVGA 7800 GTX
WD Raptor 74gig
WD 200 Gig IDE carviar
OCZ powerstream 520 watt PSU
Plextor 716SA sata dvd/cdr burner
sb live audigy 2 ZS

here is the problem with xp pro sp2 install...

Okay I boot to CD and xp beings to load as usual...then when it says Windows Is about to start, where options are to press R to repair console etc......well instead of going there it reboots!!!! the damn computer reboots itself!!

I've tried another dvd/cd drive...same thing happens...

I try to install Sata drivers (thinking that maybe it) and it freezes where I press either S or Enter.

I can't do crap with this and I'm so very irritated.

Please can you recommend some options for me!!

thanks
Edit/Delete Message

take out everything that you dont need to make a basic install, ie one stick memory, one drive.....
Change the drive you use and swap the memory about, it might be a bad slot or a bad stick.
What sort of temps do you get in BIOS, have you checked voltages for the PSU as well?

sounds like a faulty mobo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4P800 SE(no mod yet)
PM750@2845ghz watercool
BFG 6800ultra@450/1.2ghz
2x256mb Corsair PC3500C2@2-2-2-5
2x36gig Raptors
OCZ DDR [email protected]
OCZ Powerstream 520watts

Back