• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

checking 3 email accounts with one program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

The title about sums it up. Is there such a program?

Also, is there a way to make Firefox's Thunderbird get hotmail/msn mail? I tried setting it up, but I got stuck on the incoming and out going mail servers.

Outlook/Outlook Express can do it.
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |

i thought thunderbird could too...

I have had many problems with 2 email accounts with thunderbird. Gave up.

can you still have 3 outgoing servers too? or just the one? We get this question all the time at work, and I never have found a way to be able to handle multiple outgoing servers.

EDIT: maybe this is a dumb question, i never use email clients, but i'm supposed to know so i can help clients.

Last edited:
I use thunderbird to check 2 e-mail accounts at once. You can only have 1 outgoing server, but when you send e-mails you get to pick what account from. I basically have my gmail business account and my UCI school one. I use the UCI outgoing mail server but if I send from my g-mail account the person still gets that it came from my g-mail account.

i thought hotmail doesnt allow anymore outlook connections (except for existing users).

i still get it, but i've been using hotmail with outlook for 3 years+ now.

i could be wrong though.

A rather simple answer...not sure why it hasn't really been answered yet.

You can do it if your email supports POP3/IMAP. If it's webmail such as Hotmail it's not likely (though hotmail is usually supported in Outlook ONLY...typical MS and proprietary crap). I know gmail allows pop3 access though.

And if it's from your ISP, or your own domain, or even someone elses domain you should be able to set it up. They should all have info on the incoming/outgoing server (usually mail.whatever.com)

You only need one outgoing server though. Any emails from any accounts setup in Thunderbird/Outlook/the likes will use the same server. Email is not as secure as you would think ;)

I would avoid outlook though. It's ASKING for trouble to allow activex controls in emails. Outlook allows people to be infected with virii/trojans just by READING their email. Thunderbird doesn't.

and Thunderbird's spam filters are pretty good

TekeTorvo said:
The title about sums it up. Is there such a program?

Also, is there a way to make Firefox's Thunderbird get hotmail/msn mail?
Yes. (I use Outlook Express for the stated purpose)

Probably. I haven't used Thunderbird long enough to tell (Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla Firfox didn't even last half a day befor I uninstalled them from my machine).

telexen said:
...I would avoid outlook though. It's ASKING for trouble to allow activex controls in emails. Outlook allows people to be infected with virii/trojans just by READING their email. Thunderbird doesn't.

and Thunderbird's spam filters are pretty good

Actually, by turning off the preview pane and specifying that all incoming mail be rendered as plain text, you avoid any scripting issues with Outlook. Outlook 2003 also has excellent spam filters.

Remember that Outlook (not outlook express) has many more features than just email. Coordinated client, calendar, tasks, notes and email which synch with multiple devices (PDA's, laptops) make Outlook an integral part of my office, contributing significantly to business efficiency.

Back