• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!! ctrl+alt+delete problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

Hey...

when I use control-alt-delete to open the task manager and check for what processes are running... I don't see the tabs to move over to the process manager...

i've attached a screenshot of exactly what's going on...

I just checked with an updated norton antivirus and can't find any viruses... can this be helped somehow?

thanks ahead of time...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 160
lol you double clicked and that caused the problem, i once reformatted because i didn't know what was wrong.. lmao i have gained a tad bit more knowledge since then

Ok here is an other question about ctrl alt del. When I press then once nothing happen but when I do twice well you know what happen, I reboot so how do I get my task manager back?

Tekko said:
Ok here is an other question about ctrl alt del. When I press then once nothing happen but when I do twice well you know what happen, I reboot so how do I get my task manager back?

Well I know if you right click anywhere in the taskbar and look at the options available you'll see "Task Manager." Have you tried that?

I know that one works but I want the option of getting it by the ctrl alt del(can't have access to taskbar when a game or application is fullscreen and hide it)

Tekko said:
CTRL+ALT+DEL and wait?

On all my installs of XP, I have never experienced a repeated control-alt-delete actually causing a restart...it has only resulted in pulling up the task manager.

Try mashing on the winkey to interrupt your game and pull up the Start menu, nicely shoving the game aside.

Hmmmm nice thread.... Now let me ask some too.... I got a new lap, an acer c314 with windows xp tablet edition... Out of the box, my windows behave very stupid when some program crash... I press ctrl+alt+del, go to the task manager... see the program "not responding" and when I try to shut down the *******, windows fails at it and the computer stays sluggish and the programs "not responding"still slowing the computer down... At the point that Once I couldn't close the aplication, nore restart the computer, windows stayed trying to shut down ad disn't make it until the battery runned out without even hibernating :-( ... Sometimes a program crashes and i have to hard reset... :-( WHen i mooved from w98 to xp, something i liked was the improoved ability of the task manager to succeed in closing aplications not responding, but my xp sp2 now stinks.... I think it has something to see with the sp2, since it didn't happen to me when i was using the xp pro sp1 in my anterior desktop computer... Any clue???

@crilicM@n said:
I try to shut down the *******, windows fails at it and the computer stays sluggish and the programs "not responding"still slowing the computer down... At the point that Once I couldn't close the aplication, nore restart the computer, windows stayed trying to shut down ad disn't make it until the battery runned out without even hibernating :-( ... Sometimes a program crashes and i have to hard reset... :-(......... Any clue???

Welcome to windows! :)

Is it a specific program that is constantly crashing, or whenever any program crashes?

Captain, i think all the tablet stuff is preinstalled since the computer is as is from the manufacturer... But I just discovered that windows has some settings, hidden off course, about how does it manages the crashes.... like the time he waits to terminate the program, how, and about if it should or not run the explorer and the task manager in a conjugate or separate way. Processing them in a separate way is sayd to increase stability during explorer crashes but takes another 8mb of memory... I setled for this option. I left the automatic reinitialization of the explorer turned on, but i remember to do it mannually in my last desktop computer... The computer didn't crashed again yet, but i'm just waiting to see if my new settings shall improove anything or not.... If it help i'll post the experience here in the next days... let me test it...

Hmmm.... Nothing special... Still think sp2 is less stable than sp1... This variables are simple and can be found in the tuneup software, easier than doing inside the reg... I don't think the settings helped me... As Trombe sayd, "windows is a constantly crashing program"

Back