• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YahooMessenger7 keeps putting an icon on startup..HELP me get rid of it please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I installed Yahoo Messenger 7 with Voice (that's the name) on my computer. Yet everytime I startup my computer, in the system tray on the right only, there's a dull/grey smile face (appears to be sleeping sorta) that now appears...I want to prevent this. I don't need some extra icon on right using up system resources.

I looked in msconfig, couldn't see anything, looked in my Startup Folder, it's not there either. I even have the Yahoo preferences tab unchecked for "start Yahoo on computer startup"

SO WHERE is this sneaky piece of crap software installing itself..or rather HOW...I want to use Yahoo IM..but I don't want to have this icon present esp. on startup if I am not going to use it.

HELP ME PLEASE.

Thanks.

I think most if not all messengerprograms have an icon there. to get rid of it at startup I suppose you can just go into options set it not to turn on at startup. The icon is there so you dont have to have icons cluttering up your screen while the program is running

I cant give specifics as I use Trillian

you have to sign in to yahoo messenger. under the messenger tab in top right hand corner click that select preferences. under general its the first option. uncheck it.

I already had done that...NOW...all of a sudden...it's no longer showing. Thanks

Back