• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash media problem Fastfat.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I'm having some problems reading flash media, in particular, sony MS pro duo. I have used both my PSP and my monitor, which has a built in flash card reader, and after browsing around a little inside the MS I get this error.

stop.jpg

I was trying to figure out what the problem was, but I have a headache right now, and it hurts to think, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone here has had this problem, or knows right off the bat what needs to be done.

Thanks. :)

(sigh) oh man, I was hoping someone would have responded by now. I can only hope someone responds soon :(

The Stop 0x00000050 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error usually indicates a memory problem. You might need to back off your timings a bit or slightly raise your RAM voltage (V-DIMM). If you're running stock settings, you should probaly run Memtest 86. Good luck!
-Dave

yeah it was definitely a memory problem, although I have no idea exactly what the problem was. All I know is I disabled my paging file and the error no longer comes up. I'll try enabling it again later to see what happens, but for now my system should be ok, I do have 1 gig of ram and while this isn't as much memory as it used to be, it seams to be enough to run my system for now. Thanks for the help. :)

Back