• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My memory is not up to par

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supergenius74

I have a BX-133 and a 256 stick of mushkin pc133 rev3 @160
3-3-3 and she runs great but when I run sisoft sandra memory benchmark it gives a rating of about 200 mb/sec. compared to other people who run the same program with the same parts, I'm getting about half the bandwidth I should. Do I have something set wrong I've tried to tweak win98se and bios in every way possible but the highest score I ever got was about 220 and thats it. What could cause this? thanks....:mad:

I'm not sure... The BX-133 was a good board... Perhaps the DDR Processor Bus on the Athlon has something to do with it?? Are you comparing you scores to other people who have BX-133s and Mushkin Rev3? or other boards with Mushkin Rev3? Rev3 is excellent ram from what I've heard, so that shouldn't be a bottleneck...
Hmmm... Anyone else?
Peace
John

my problem

Yes, I compared my scores with nothing but SDRAM people and they all (pc133 mobos, bx, I815,via, etc) are in the 400 mb/sec mark and mine is benchmarking at a max of 220 mb/sec and that is at 160 mhz FSB if i drop back down to stock 133 2-2-2 i get around 160-170 mb/sec. It's driving me mad man, it has to be a setting because my 3Dmark scores are alot less than they were on the same computer about 6 months ago with a 700E chip @ 933. I just don't know what I did to cause this. I believe my mobo settings are good and my windows settings are good. I ordered a new stick of 256 OCZ ICE 150 2-2-2 and this should send my p3 933 to the ranks of the best but I can't do it with such a crappy memory bandwidth. help:(

Back