• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opened EVGA mainboard from Newegg.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsintse

Well I just got my EVGA 7800GT + NF4 Mainboard combo from Newegg. The 7800 box was sealed but the Mainboard box had both of the "Inspected for Quality" stickers broken on it.

Think its worth the trouble complaining about? Normally I wouldn't care but this is the second NEW mainboard I have bought from the Egg that had this problem. I'm worried maybe someone had issues with the board and returned it etc. Grrrr a bit frustrated since I didn't buy refurb but NEW.

Mine was also opened when I received it and the box was crumpled a bit. The reason I got it because it was free with the EVGA 7800GT video card. I hope they don't make a habit of selling opened items as new.

The evga board I got directly from evga did not have any stickers on it.

Mine had "Inspected for Quality" stickers on either side of the box. My 7800gt which came shrink wrapped has stickers on either side of the box as well. My friend ordered the exact same combo from Newegg the same time as me and had the stickers on both boxes. His mainboard came shrinkwrapped as well which mine did not.

Yeah, mine had stickers on both sides as well. Both were broken when it arrived. I know they're free but still... I probably wouldn't have bought the combo if I had known that they were returns/refurbs.

Well, you could complain if you wanted but if it works fine, then I don't see what the problem is. Who knows, yours may have been one of the "lucky" ones chosen for inspection.

It may be routine inspections. However you may want to contact eVGA, give them the serial numbers and ask if it has been refurbished?

Back