• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dual Boards ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmatko

im starting to assemble a 3rd rig for myself using accidently purchased 2x246 processors off of ebay. i so far ordered a psu, the antec 550eps (love me the antecs). anyway, im building the system for personal home use and of course FOLDING!!! YAY!!!. ive narrowed the parts down to what i think will work well, except for the damn mobo. ive recently just noticed the release of the new asus k8n-dre mobo, but theres still no info about it and what cpus it will support. another new mobo is the msi k8n-master2-far, with 2x pci-express. the asus so far has a bit of a lead since it seems to be able to handle better cpu heatsinks due to its spacing on the board. im wondering if anyone has any experience yet with either board?? i was looking into the tyan k8we, but they dont support c0 stepping processors which is what i happen to have. :shrug: any help would be appreciated, thnx...

Right now I'm using a MSI K8T Master 2 with 2 Opteron 244 CG stepping that have a lot of OC' potential but my board, due to the via chipset, gives me very little OC' space. In a few weeks time I will upgrade my rig with an Asus A8N-DL that has far more OC' possibilities or with the MSI K8N-Master2. Both of them are based on the Nforce4 chipset. The Asus one gets advantage of NUMA use of the memory and the MSI has SLI but no NUMA. There are also Tyan boards based on Nforce4 but they are all EATX and don't leave much space left in normal ATX cases. I would suggest always go for any board with the Nforce4

Back