• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you won the lottery...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

What would your computer consist of?

I'm thinking...
FX57
2x 7800GTX
Mach II GT (x3, for the GTXs and CPU) *or a triple cascade to save space*
4x 74gig raptors in RAID 0+1
2x *insert best SATA II drive* in RAID-0
2x lightscribe dvd burners
*insert highest-level sound card*
7.1 surround sound system
floppy drive / media disk combo (for BIOS flashing :p )
4x dell 2405FPW (is that even possible?)
4 gigs of the highest-quality RAM
mobo that can run 2x 7800GTXs with 8 SATA ports (4 SATA I, 4 SATA II) so not a DFI :bang head
my MX1000
a really cool keyboard
a case that can easily fit the prommie and all my stuff

what about you?

Season tickets for every sport in case i ever want to see a game. A trip to a remote island. And i guess some money towards a desktop but i don't need one that extreme.

the usual.

new bike, probably some custom ti
honda s2000
house
lenovo notebook

jack222 said:
A trip to a remote island.
Forget the trip, I'm buying a remote island

I'd probably buy a wicked laptop, I'm fairly happy w/ my desktop. One of those massive dell monitors would be pretty sweet. Aw heck, give me two of 'em.

1979 Corvette Stingray Black with all leather interior with the Big Block Chevy (dont know if it came with it, but id put one in if not)

Biggest TV known to mankind (not a projector...thats too easy)

More Lotery Tickets

Lifetime supply of Pepsi

A Small house.....so my watercooled computer can fit indoors :D

1000 X2 3800+ with 2Gigs of ram a piece networked on a gigabit network going out to redundent internet connections with a high upload speed. All housed in a seperate air conditioned building with redundant power supplies. Each booting over the network from a Overclockix LTSP server.

FOLDING POWAH!

Then put the rest in a savings account or something earning interest.

i dream of this every other night.

Computer would be the very best you could find. Along with a 4 cpu 8 gig of ram xeon for a web server that would be stored in my house that has fiber running into it. And the baddest laptop that is made.

A new Motorcycle
A new Car
A new house
what is left over would be put in the bank to make me more money. O and i would buy my wife something :D

heh yeah i guess most people just read the title (i stated what COMPUTER cause it's in the computer-related section :p )

but along with my computer i'd get a nice car, house, and stuff for my house (heh im only 19 so that's a lot of stuff!), pay off my family's bills and stuff, buy my bro a house + a car, put a couple hundred thousand in accts for my little bro and sister, get a huge house on a beach somewhere for my extended family (i am one of 28 grandchildren... BIG house :santa: )

then the usual investments, bank accounts, gifts to charity, etc.

id probably also set up a scholarship for the HS i went to (private) and fund the baseball team's own field (not a stadium, they're not THAT good :p )

My usual in this kind of thread. Just a lil' system for surfing and e-mail. maybe the occasional game of freecell...

I1_hw_Sun_Fire_E25K_lg.jpg

nothing too special...

i wonder how well that would work as a laptop.... about 1 1/4 tons... hmm id need to work on my calf-raises!

too bad you have to contact them for a price!

i am sure that computer cost more then i make in a year. But i would sure as heck buy one if i won the lottery actually that is a lie i would buy 2 one for a server one for my desktop

Lotec

Umm, probably a mid-range Intel 775 system with a moderately large amount of hard drive space, and a nice LCD monitor. The rest would go towards college, and leaving easy for a while, and a new bike or two. ;)

i'd make a server so i could do hosting and help out some friends. i'd also make a pretty good gaming rig, upgrade my current one, and replace my room window. i would also buy a nice bike(the ones which require human energy to make them work) and make another computer for hosting CS games.

i would also help with hosting stuff on this forum.

-1cem4n

Start a cyber lab with like a buncha X2s on T3s in like the heart of downtown Chicago.

Buy a Skyline R34

Like pay for expenses and payments for the next 100 year of my family.

Oh, and buy OCforums

I would buy a desk 50 feet long, then buy 10 cases, and parts for 10 different sweet computers...then I would build to my hearts content.

well i didnt win (this week) but i still have tomorrow and friday till the next drawing! ill try the same numbers again and see if my luck improves :p

ill just view it as breakfast money, but i dont have work so breakfast = free!

keep the ideas coming, it's good to dream :santa:

Back