• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Matrix Storage Adapter Firmware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spyhunter

Hello all, new guy here, and I was hoping for some help with my new Sony (Asus) Motherboard P5LP-VX.

I want to update the ICH7R - Intel SATA RAID controller OptionROM firmware to 5.1 to match the 5.1 software that was recently released. Only problem is, Intel, Asus and Sony don't have a clue. Mostly Sony because Intel and Asus both referred me to Sony.

The motherboard has 5.0 installed, which isn't far off from 5.1, but I'm about to install 2 Raptors, and so I want the firmware/software to be the latest.

Sony says new firmware may be released in the future, but I rarely see Sony releasing any type of firmware, they seem to be even slow with software.

Is the OptionROM firmware built into the BIOS? Has anybody ran into this problem with other ASUS boards, because I don't see this update on ASUS' site for any other board either.

This will be the last Sony PC that I ever buy, because they really don't seem to care about the customer.

Back