• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monarch strikes again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpwinters

Here are the facts:
New 6800 GT ordered 9/19 08:30
Payment processed by PayPal: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:30:42
Order confirmation from Monarch: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:30:43
Order "processed" from Monarch: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:54:22

1-2 business days for processing

9/22 08:30 called for status since "online status" is down.

"It looks like we ran out of those cards. We should have a shipment coming in this afternoon. We will try to ship it out this afternoon."

What a bunch of B.S. No notification that they couldn't fill the order. No comunication period. This is absolutely the last time I deal with them. I thought I would give them a shot despite other people having problems with them.

Yep.. It took Mob=narch 5 business days to ship my order (after it was submited to the warehouse), than when it arrived one of my sticks didnt even work lol, so Now I gotta wait another month or so to get a RMA from them..

Censor: If you have nothing of relevence-edited by sss
It isn't 1 day. They still haven't filled the order. They MIGHT fill it this afternoon. I still won't get it for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
rpwinters, you need to chill out, flaming isn't going to help you get the card any faster. Instead of freaking out, call Monarch and perhaps they will expedite the shipping for you once they get them in stock. Monarch has a history of decent customer support, try utilizing that fact to help your situation.

Any time stuff has arrived late, a quick polite phone call usually nets me free shipping :).

This is AFTER the polite phone call. I never raised my voice or used and colorful language. That is when I was told it MIGHT go out this afternoon if they get their shipment. I then called back to speak to a customer service rep and was put on hold for 11 minutes befor the line went dead.

SSS-As for the flaming, talk to censor. His comment was blatant threadcrapping/flamebaiting. I am not "freaking out" as you put it. I left a precise time line of what happened, and my opinion of the service so far.

9mmCensor said:
Oh NO!

An extra day!!!!

Quick, call the FBI because I gross crime hath been commited here.

This is not flaming ^, its making a point IMO. You just happened to be unlucky enough to order when they went out of stock so you just gotta live with it. Sometimes things happen that you dont like but regardless its not like your not gonna get the card. If your order it he will come.

MY $0.02 keep the change.

I am sorry. I worked in retail. I know how these things work.

Sometimes, things dont work according to plan. Shipments dont arrive, stock flies quicker than expected. Stock is unsellable, because its damaged, ect. There are a multitude of reasons why your shipment is delayed (by a day or two).

And guess what, its not the end of the world. Just chill. It arrives, when it arrives, and have fun with it then.

The problem is the company not meeting it's side of the contract. They received funds to provide the specified goods, then did not meet their published guidelines of 1-2 days. Most companies do not charge you until the order is filled. There was no contact that the card was out of stock. There was no contact that this would be late. This point has been brought up by numerous people here on the forum in the past. I tried them for myself to give them a fair shake.

I had an order with Sidewinder where an item was out of stock and no longer carried. I received a call at my house asking if I wanted a substitute item or cancel it. They didn't email, they called to apologize for the mistake in their stock tracking system.

I expected more from this company, and was dissapointed. I won't be using them in the future for any of my builds. I have had very good service from Newegg, Sidewinder and Jab-Tec. Between those three, I am sure all of my future needs can be met.

rpwinters said:
The problem is the company not meeting it's side of the contract. They received funds to provide the specified goods, then did not meet their published guidelines of 1-2 days. Most companies do not charge you until the order is filled. There was no contact that the card was out of stock. There was no contact that this would be late. This point has been brought up by numerous people here on the forum in the past. I tried them for myself to give them a fair shake.

I had an order with Sidewinder where an item was out of stock and no longer carried. I received a call at my house asking if I wanted a substitute item or cancel it. They didn't email, they called to apologize for the mistake in their stock tracking system.

I expected more from this company, and was dissapointed. I won't be using them in the future for any of my builds. I have had very good service from Newegg, Sidewinder and Jab-Tec. Between those three, I am sure all of my future needs can be met.

my take on what 9mm is trying to tell you is that **** happens and you cant do anything about it but complain. It is also possible that unforseen consequences have occured like an incompetent employee burdening a efficient hard working employee etc. Everyone is a "human-being" human error is always a factor to keep in mind. Also his post was an opinion not a flamebait. I happen to have the same as I am a patient Individual as it seems you arent (no offense but this is my opinion).

sometimes these things happen. to every company out there it happens to im sure.
i recently ordered 2 stick ocz plat elite from monarch it came on time and fed ex 2 day.
many places ship ups ground which is like a week and charge also. this was free shipping 2 day. sometimes you got to be a little more understanding when things arent perfect.
have you ever been late for a class in your life? or anything? have you ever been late shipping anything out?
nobody is perfect and no company is perfect. from what i can tell they have pretty good customer support and their customers are important to them.

i recently sold a 6800 ultra and forgot to send the crt adapters with it, so i sent them out right away when it was confirmed that i forgot them.

so thats like 3 extra days to use the card. i really feel like your being unreasonable with them and i dont think im the only one.
being dissapointed because you didnt get what you wanted when you expected it is one thing. but making such a fuss over a few days is really more of an indication of your disposition not their service.

how would you of felt if you bought that card from me and i forgot the adapters?
when you post on a forum about a company it can be very damaging to them because its like putting it in the newspaper.
if the guy posted up saying rhino56 forgot the adapters
What a bunch of B.S. No notification that he couldn't fill the order. No comunication period. This is absolutely the last time I deal with him. I thought I would give him a shot despite other people posting problems in the paper about him.

i doubt i would be able to sell anything here with that on me.
so maybe just give them a call and see what they are willing to do for you.

i agree with rpwinters, a place as big as monarch should be better at the whole transaction process.

sidewinder is one of the best as is newegg, that crap never happened to me at those 2 places.

I ordered once from monarch and the cpu was rma'd and so was the board after the whole transaction was a fiasco to say the least.

MONARCH BLOWS !

dealing with their RMA process was a another PITA, they basically flat out lied to me 3 times and I had to wait 3 freakin weeks to get the correct product I ordered to begin with back to me !!!

damaging or not monarch is a joke, their customer support sucks and I was completely honest, polite and patient the whole time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To address specific points:

BLcK- I don't care about their problems. They would not care about mine if the charges didn't clear my account. Their problems are not my concern. I am the customer, not their PR guy. If they have people who gum up the works or have a supply problem, they need to change their time lines to say 3-4 days to fill an order. Then I can make an informed decision to use them or not.

rhino56- I have in fact been late a few times in my life, but I notified the affected parties and apologized as soon as I could.
Your scenario is different with your sale. One, it is a private transaction with a different expectation of service. I don't know the whole of your transaction, but I am sure that you talked to the person buying it and tried to make it right. That is the difference. I did try calling them. Twice. I posted that earlier. They did nothing for me the first time and the line went dead after 11 minutes the second time.

Last edited:
i guess it really comes down to service costs money.
the ram i ordered costs 269.41 at newegg.

monarch had it for 257.00 i took a chance at monarch and it paid off, i saved 12.41 its got to come from somewhere.

Well yeah, you have to expect a margin of error for companies and all. If you got a faulty AMD chip and was unlucky enough to talk to 2-3 customer service people and all 3 didn't do anything to help you, then you just had a series of unforunate events. It doesn't mean you should never buy from AMD again or something. (Well it's a bad example using a manufactor instead of a vendor, but same thing applies.)

I had a friend who ordered some PSU from Monarch on a monday, they called back saying it was back ordered and they'll try to get it as FAST AS POSSIBLE, Monarch said they'll recieve it weds and ship it out asap.

After that, my friend finds out he Monarch gave him free overnight shipping...yeah free....so he recieved it thursday. Not bad if I do say so myself.

rpwinters said:
To address specific points:

BLcK- I don't care about their problems. They would not care about mine if the charges didn't clear my account. Their problems are not my concern. I am the customer, not their PR guy. If they have people who gum up the works or have a supply problem, they need to change their time lines to say 3-4 days to fill an order. Then I can make an informed decision to use them or not.

They are fullfilling their service but something unexpected has come up. I see nothing wrong with that but it seems that you cant comprehend the margin for human error. Every person is a human being we arent machines - human error comes standard.

1-2 bussiness days is actually 2-4 real (1 bussiness day ~ 1-2 days) time days or more I dont see why you have a reason to complain since its clearly been stated (see below)

ordered 9/19 08:30

"It looks like we ran out of those cards. We should have a shipment coming in this afternoon. We will try to ship it out this afternoon."
BS? This is more like the person you talked to didnt know what he/she was talking about, but rather a possible senario, since no one can predict/forsee what has happened. Human error? Possible. This is to enforce their relation with you as they are trying to get you your vid card ASAP, as they have a volume of orders to deal with.

There was no contact that the card was out of stock. There was no contact that this would be late. This point has been brought up by numerous people here on the forum in the past. I tried them for myself to give them a fair shake.

Point taken as any customer would expect to have an order to be delievered on time. Although, they should have told you some facts rather than speculation. This is the only point where i see you have grounds for slamming them on customer service.

I work retail so you should take into account of how the bussiness world works. A good online/store would usually give you a freebie/discount to compensate although they dont have to (depends on the situation). The main thing is that you arent taking into account that everyone is a human being and mistakes happen. If your so angry about it, take it up with there customer service - yell, and scream(figuretivly) to their customer service. Things usually dont escalate unless its a worse situation, then thats where you can hit them.

rpwinters said:
Here are the facts:
New 6800 GT ordered 9/19 08:30

What a bunch of B.S. No notification that they couldn't fill the order. No comunication period. This is absolutely the last time I deal with them. I thought I would give them a shot despite other people having problems with them.

Same thing happened to me when I purchased my ram from monarch. I placed order on monday, called wensday and I was told they were out of stuck and that getting new shippments of it today. Well they were getting shippments for three day that what they were telling me and never got it. Monarch may offer good prices, but they lie when it come to orders out of stock. Did I mention that I spend 45min on the phone trying to canel my order becasue everytime I called and wanted cancel my order I got disconnected or put on never ending hold.

i ordered 2 gigs of pc5400 from em for $199.. $6 lower than newegg
no problems here

but after this thread id think twice about ordering again

Back