• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 Premium, Intel 830 - Stable BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Happy13178

Registered
I'm putting in a new P5WD2 Premium mobo, after several horrible failed attempts to find a stable P5ND2 dlx mobo....just want to know what the most stable BIOS is, for overclocking or straight operation. is 0509 the best, or 0512, or is there a decent beta?

I'm using:

Intel-D 830 w.Zalman 7700cu
2x 36Gb WD Raptors in RAID 0
BFG 7800GTX OC
as well as several SATA hard drives (no ide)

Also, can I only put optical drives on the blue IDE connector, or can I put one of the two on one of the red connectors?

509 is the best!
use the blue connector till you get windows installed

ok, but I see the odd post saying 0509 is bad with RAID? if it won't be at least semi-stable, I'd rather use a better one. I had so many issues with the P5ND2, I was honestly ready to downgrade to a much lower system, just so it wouldn't hang every 5 minutes.

509 is the best bios out there.. i think everyone can back that up
unfortunatly i dont use raid so i couldnt tell you if its stable

ok, so do you know where I can find a copy of 0509? seems like Asus's website is down, and the support website only shows 0422.

509 us definitely the best version atm. I am having major voltage problems with 512. I haven't heard of any raid problems with 509 or any other version for that matter. I use the raid and it has worked great so far. The P5WD2 is nothing like the P5ND2 so I wouldn't let that scare you. P5WD2 has the ICH7 which probably has the best onboard raid of any motherboard out there.

Back