• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low power rig...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

i'm thinking about making a really low power rig since i don't wanna waste electric running a high power rig....

any ideas? this one will probably use to run some small games (conqueronline), starcraft, i probably grab an AGP 128MB graphic card for it...

i have a dell with a centrino 1.6ghz that can probably acts as a desktop, do u think that it's healthy to run it 24/7 (that how i use my computers)... i'll probably get a laptop cooler that plugs into the regular power outlet, a USB mouse.... if i decide to do it. i spent 700 dollar on this laptop, don't wanna ruin it :)... the thing actually have a better graphic card than what i use on my desktop...

i'm currently playing conquer online, small games that require atleast 16MB of graphic card ram, my mx440 got like 32MB, i can actually run 2 client at the same time, but at low resolution, if i go to 1280X1024 the game will lag like crazy, i'm thinking that the graphic card can't take it... forget about the TI in my sig, i sold that one a long time ago.

budget? i think something like a Dell 9300 would be a good laptop but otherwise, get the AOpen i915g micro atx motherboard, a 2.0ghz pentium m dothan, and a 9800pro and you're all set.

-1cem4n

Back