• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Went to the thrift store, here's what I nabbed....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

Envision EN-770e 17" Flat CRT Monitor (running at 1152x864 @ 75Hz) - $9.99
Picture%20005.jpg

Picture%20017.jpg

Gravis Blackhawk Joystick (I bought this same model two years ago for $15) - $3.99
Picture%20031.jpg

Star Wars: Dark Forces - $2.99
Picture%20033.jpg

Total - $17.82 :D

The monitor surprisingly works without any problems! The only "problem" I saw with it was the far left menu button was pushed to far in and got stuck, not letting the menu adjustments work right because it was holding the button down. I just used an Exacto knife to push it back into place. I wonder if this was why they had it marked so low?

The monitor and joystick are going to my DOS PC, and I'll be playing Dark Forces on that PC as well. :D

Curious, does anyone know what kind of tube this monitor uses? It seems to have a very clear image at that resolution, and I can even pump it up to 1280x1024 @75Hz with clear image (font is to small to read though).

Man I hate to see folks get ripped off! I think you should go back to the store and give them more money before they yell, "Stop thief!":) Seriously, Merry Xmas! :santa:

Wonder if ACO here would have any computer bits and pieces... I'll have to check sometime. <wishful_thinking> Some guy buys a new Dell, then wanted to upgrade graphics. Goes to CompUSA and buys an AGP 6800 Ultra 256MB. Dell has PCI-E, and guy is too dumb to return to CompUSA, so gives it to ACO. ACO sells it to me for $20. </wishful_thinking>

Haha, not quite AMD Phreak. :)

I was really considering using this as a third monitor, but that'd be useless. Except for the fact of coolness.

Back