• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GG Newegg, way to mess up my shipping...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

OK so not only did I fry my CPU / mobo, I ordered a new one from newegg, which advertises $1.00 3-Day shipping.

It doesn't say 3-Day UPS shipping, just generic 3-Day shipping. Naturally, I select UPS 3-Day shipping, because it is $1 and it is the only 3-day shipping they offer.

Well I got a tracking number this morning... and guess what?

Now you might be about to say, "They shipped it UPS 3-Day shipping, and it will get there Monday, right?"

NOPE. Good ole Fedex Express Saver. Did I pay for, or select Fedex Express Saver? No.

Just as a test, I just tried buying a 26" LCD TV, which has advertised <$3x.xx> 3-Day shipping, but when you select the only guaranteed 3-Day shipping method, it stays as <$5x.xx>. Maybe they ought to get their stuff straightened out.

Typically, even with saver shipping, I get items in about 3 days. I'd email them to straighten out the site, but don't sweat it - you'll still get the item(s) fast.

well i'm happy for you, but what relevance does that have to my current situation?

if i dont hold them to their word, but pass everything off because they treat other customers to excellent standards, will they ever fix what went wrong with me? no.

Pinky said:
Typically, even with saver shipping, I get items in about 3 days. I'd email them to straighten out the site, but don't sweat it - you'll still get the item(s) fast.

I sure hope I get it in 3 days, but as it stands now, it's at 4 (5 but one is a Sunday, which adds an extra day anyways).

One of my main problems, is that I am moving in 6 days. Say I ordered it 4 days before the day I was supposed to move. 1 day for processing, 3 for shipping, it should get there the day I leave (with UPS 3-Day). If it didn't, how many more days would it be until I got the motherboard?

Aside from the fact that I am without my desktop until this is resolved, I suppose some of my frustration is derived from it coming closer to my move-date than I would like.

is it coming from california ?

they ship out of jersey, tenessee and cali...

even when the stuff comes from cali its usually here in 4 days for me.

yeah it was shipped from california... but in theory it shouldnt matter where they ship it from.

newegg said "3-day shipping," and TBH i dont care if it comes from japan and they fly it at 2,000 miles a second, 4 seconds before that 3rd day, so long as it gets to me in the amount of time i paid for.

i didnt pay for fedex, i paid for UPS. i paid for 3 days, and they arent getting it to me in 3 days.

true true man...

well if it ****ed you off that much, I would call them.

I have had stuff take 5 days before from them, I usually order things on sundays so if I get them on friday I'm a happy camper !

BTW UPS SUX

that may be your whole problem, never switch to UPS from fedex man, only from UPS to fedex. UPS are bastages....

Only time I use UPS is if its the only choice. FedEx is much more reliable for packages ariving on time let alone even arriving early. If I have to pay a few dollars extra to get FedEx, I'd do it, just a recommendation. BTW If there is weather related issues that can also delay your packages a day or 2 (i've had it happen before it sucks).

My last egg order took 2 days for them to even box it up and get it sent out.... Something is up with them lately and it is not good.

deathman20 said:
Only time I use UPS is if its the only choice. FedEx is much more reliable for packages ariving on time let alone even arriving early. If I have to pay a few dollars extra to get FedEx, I'd do it, just a recommendation. BTW If there is weather related issues that can also delay your packages a day or 2 (i've had it happen before it sucks).

yeah fedex is way more efficient to say the least...
UPS is a nightmare in a brown truck

koontz946 said:
i didnt pay for fedex, i paid for UPS. i paid for 3 days, and they arent getting it to me in 3 days.

Precisely why I suggested you contact them. Complaining to us isn't fixing anything.

koontz946 said:
neither is contacting them... it's already in the mail

:bang head

Well at least contacting them you'll find out exactly whats going on, or if at least it needs to be re-routed to a new destination.

They don't count Saturday and Sunday as a shipping day. Do not say I am wrong. I called up Newegg when my order was at 5 day's and they said Saturday's and Sunday's do not count.

Fedex saver, or 3-day Fedex as it is now called, is the same as UPS 3 day.

it isnt so much an issue of cost, hell it cost me $1. jason PMd me and asked for some information, which i sent him.

i guess it's an issue of principle - i paid them $103 for a motherboard and 3-day shipping, and for whatever reason, i'm not getting what i paid for.

i ordered another item from the egg today - they havent lost me as a customer (their prices are too good TBH) but they need to be aware of the issues i came across so people who might be shopping there for the 1st time dont have them

jack222 said:
They don't count Saturday and Sunday as a shipping day. Do not say I am wrong. I called up Newegg when my order was at 5 day's and they said Saturday's and Sunday's do not count.

Fedex saver, or 3-day Fedex as it is now called, is the same as UPS 3 day.
He is correct. Neither FedEx or UPS count Sat. or Sun. as a shipping/delivery day. So if you order something 3 day through either of them, it'll take 3 business days. And FedEx Saver is the same thing as UPS 3 Day. So you are not being screwed, other than you were hoping for a brown truck to deliver it instead of a white one. Both would be delivered on the same day.

Also, FedEx>UPS, so be glad it's coming from FedEx. I can't tell you how many times UPS has delivered late, damaged goods, overcharged me, etc. Good luck though, I hope you get everything in time.

Josh

Back