• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Copperhead problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates, well I've got a Copperhead from a friend over the weekend. But there are 2 problems that bug me... First is when I restart my rig mouse is not reacting to anything, when I change USP port it start working...

Second one is when playing I experience strange "lockups"/"freezes" that last for some 2-10 seconds (sound looping and all)

I tried lowering pooling rate to 500 from 1000 but it is still the same... This is happening in all 3D games. I can try and lower Dpi as well perhaps...

I was really looking forward to buying this mouse but I just can't get it to work properly :(

This is on Neo 2 Platinum, nforce3 chipset, with all the latest drivers and mouseware from my old MX700 removed.

do you have the newest beta installed? it was supposed to solve a lot of problems.

http://www.razerzone.com/copperhead/

also, bad motherboard usb ports can cause this. razer mice suck up a lot of power, and if the motherboard is bad, it will cause problems. i thought i heard of razer mice having problems with nforce boards and their usb ports, but i'm having trouble finding which chipset it was. it sounds like you're having a similar issue though. if you have a powered usb hub or a pci usb card you can try it with, that might help.

edit: what i am finding seems to suggest its more nforce 2, not 3. but the problems sound similar to yours. you could try posting here. be patient, though since it is a lower traffic board, and not many people have the copperhead yet.

http://razer.tigga.org/phpBB2/index.php

Thanks a lot mate will check it out... Planing on mailing Razer guys as well. And I have latest drivers installed BTW

Sadly I can't update firmware at all :( When I follow the instructions (press profile button, take out USB connection...) I come to the point when I need to return USB back into port... And it won't work so I have to put it into another port to work and than Windows PnP kicks in and flashing fails :( Tried like 100 times...
And do you know what the best thing is... I mailed Razer tech support, here is the response I've got:

Hello,

Where did your friend get this mouse? There are no production copies available
yet, the only ones out there would be free press kit samples, with are not final
release mice, and won't work with the drivers/firmware on the site.

No comments :(

yeah, thats what they've been saying on the razer forums. most (all?) of these overseas copperheads people are getting will not work with the newest firmware. on the forum, he said if you email him, he might be able to help, but it wasn't exactly clear.

Someone recommended me that I should try out USB->PS/2 adapter... Would that work? Sounds to me like I would loose plenty of pooling rate...
Man why cant it just work :)

Back