• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2, Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Happy13178

Registered
P5WD2 back port...SATA?

K, not anything to do with overclocking, but on the P5WD2 Premium, what exactly can I plug in to the back SATA port? it doesn't look like a regular SATA connection, and guy at computer store didn't have a clue what kind of cable would go in it?

Last edited:
Depending what dividers I use (DDR speed in MHz), the boot-up screen will assign the matching PCxxxx speed to it. The 5400 should work just fine in it, but you'll need to go into BIOS Advanced->Jumperfree, set OC to "manual" instead of Auto and adjust the DRAM dividers to achieve DDR667 or DDR675 (default speed). With the DDR speed set to 667/675, it should show up as PC5400 when it boots.

While you're in BIOS, go into Advanced->Chipset menu, disable DRAM by SPD and plug in the spec latency for the memory (4-4-4-12). If you let it work on Auto, it will default to something like 5-5-5-15 and you'll be missing a lot of performance for no reason ;)

cool, thx guys. I'll try that when I get home.

so far, have cpu installed with zalman 7700cu, idle sitting at 56...thinking about reseating it to see if I can drop it a couple degrees...

But also put a zalman vf700cu on my bfg 7800gtx...gpu core is sitting at 42 idle :)

Happy13178 said:
K, not anything to do with overclocking, but on the P5WD2 Premium, what exactly can I plug in to the back SATA port? it doesn't look like a regular SATA connection, and guy at computer store didn't have a clue what kind of cable would go in it?

back sata port? there three red ones and two black, all normal looking on my board. i think you're gonna have to find a picture of the board and circle the component you're talking about.

It's not in a "normal" location if that's what you're talking about, but it's a normal SATA port. It's in the back so you can install the included Serial I/O port in the back to plug in/unplug external SATA devices (like external HDD enclosures) easily...

Back