• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Logitech G5 Gaming Laser Mouse Review!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

yup thats right folks... its on the market!

here's the little linky for the manufacturer webpage :)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

Ordered Today about 20 minutes ago via 2 Day UPS Shipping for $15

Total Price: $85 with taxes and shipping. Woulda only been $75 for regular shipping but i have a lan party this on the 30th :) and i dont trust UPS

Total Upgrade Price: $60 after selling my MX518 for $25 to a friend

Ok so I need some suggestions on test to perform and benchies :) ill post some nice little pictures when it arrives and update you later :) btw... i think this ill be the first on the forums to own one :/ but i doubt it :)

EDIT*

Btw i woulda went with the G7 Laser Wireless Mouse but since i only game and i dont like the heaviness of wireless, I decided to save myself the extra $40

whered you buy it from? on froogle there are tons of places for <$60

ok ill remember that sentential.. anything you do thats special?

Edit*

yes i know froogle has a few for less than $60, but unless its a reputable online business i will never buy from it.. ive stuck myself into 5 online companies only..

Newegg, ZZF, Coolerguys, FrozenCPU and Think Geek

and a few extra dollars im not worried about, a few extra dollars compared to getting ripped or screwed is good enough for me :) btw i purchased it thru logitech, so not only do i get one garunteed but i dont have to worry bout bad companies

finally a corded laser mouse, no more wirless for me too tempting to whip across the room....like i already did

Fr3@k3r said:
yup thats right folks... its on the market!

Ok so I need some suggestions on test to perform and benchies :)

How are you going to benchmark the mouse...lol. I probably woulda went for wireless as for myself though, well that's because I'm more worried about functionability over gaming performance.

darksparkz said:
How are you going to benchmark the mouse...lol. I probably woulda went for wireless as for myself though, well that's because I'm more worried about functionability over gaming performance.

i didnt want to spend $115 with shipping on a wireless mouse i wouldnt use for anything but regular surfing..

Ill be testing funtionality and game performance in windows, games like cs:s and dod:s, bf2, photoshop cs2, and such to give an overall feel and to spot any flaws i find and such

I dont have any problems with my MX1000 wireless, only complaint is that the mouse is a little on the heavy side

Tyreal said:
wireless = horrid. i will never buy a wierelss mouse again,

What mouse did you have a bad experience with? I had the same thoughts about wireless mouse until i got the mx1000( also tried the mx700 and mx900, didnt like the response of the two). It felt almost as good as my mx510.

which you can put out of the way

you wont be happy if the dock is wireless, because your computer is still plugged in..

mx1000 has no lag

Back