• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg! My School's Computers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Geez. Look what I came across. My friend took me to an IT lab. Look what they are running! These are alienwares. They have ten alienwares in this room along with other generic high end systems and g5 macs. This is dual lcd. Look at the specs in the pic below! They were bought brand new this summer. This is actually the game development lab. Which is totally different from the computational physics lab (with a major emphasis on GAMES) which has a ton of athlon xp 9700pro nforce2 rigs with case windows (which allow me to tell all the hardware they are running).

Yeah, the monitors are a huge lcd and a huge crt. Too bad only one monitor works with sli enabled. For some reason they are both plugged in to the same card.

Yeah, well, it's Rochester Institute of Technology. I'm not surprised that they have those kinds of stuff. But Alienware? Wow... they could've saved up on some money...

we have HPs(ditched out old dells) and 2 mac minis. i'm not sure but we had these two awesome macs with nice *** 19'' lcds. We have maybe 50 17" lcds connected to the HPs and xp pro. i'm not sure what the specs are since we can't access it.

-1cem4n

I am going to be sad when I leave college; no more 100mbit/s connection to other comps on campus (in practice tops out at 80mbits/sec) and no more downloads off the internet at an average of 20mbits/sec. (It has been artificially capped at 30 through my findings.) I have really been spoiled here. It still doesn't cease to amaze me.

Back