• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conductive paint to fix mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

would this work?

i was having a really bad day and i threw my mouse when my internet cut out for the 10th time in a game...my isp aparntly blows ***

any way i broke my right button, the PCB acually broke, i managed to get it glued back together and i soldered the ground but i cant get the tiny path way on top to solder back together and the iron i have just burns the board.

it only broke 2 pathways and i got one fixed so this is the only one left....

i shoudnt have ever gotten a wireless mouse.

Bonus Question:

can i improve the signal out of this thing at all since i got it apart?

its a wirelss optical mouse 2.0 with side scroll...you know the ones made to last 6 months, they do but they have a weak signal

you could also solder a wire on the PCB, just solder it the begining and end points on that circuit. I have fixed some smashed motorcycle gauges that way.

Anger Management :)

J/K :p

I have the same problem with my ISP, Adelphia sucks. But it's them or dial-up.

FYI Stop destroying your equipment and start with theirs. I've got my Cable modem within kicking distance so when I'm gaming online and it's getting good and it goes out I can kick the living crap out of their stuff instead of mine. I've gotten 2 replacements already. Atleast they're cool about that.

Nexus Realized said:
Anger Management :)

J/K :p

I have the same problem with my ISP, Adelphia sucks. But it's them or dial-up.

FYI Stop destroying your equipment and start with theirs. I've got my Cable modem within kicking distance so when I'm gaming online and it's getting good and it goes out I can kick the living crap out of their stuff instead of mine. I've gotten 2 replacements already. Atleast they're cool about that.

HAHAHHA, thats good.

Comcast serves me well.

Either way, don't throw your mouse around like that. I say next time your internet goes out, you have a backup server waiting, and then take a domainname that will be used a lot. kill their hosts :D

I suggest adding a little bungee cord to your mouse, and attaching it to your desk. :p

I think that if you ever chuck your mouse again, you probably won't be able to fix it. Perhaps go ahead and spend the money you would have to spend on replacement hardware on a different ISP?

qwest DSL is worse and thats the only other alternative...charter sucks *** i have to be honest....their prices dont do any thing but go up and the service gets worse...plus $55 for internet alone that isnt that great and i dont ever get my rated speed is freaking horrible....

problem is where i live theres one phone comapny and one cable company...i hear verision is thinking about moving in which would be so much better...i want FIOS pretty bad and for the price of their 3Mbit i would be saving money

Back