• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shutting down problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

hey i been experiencing shutting down problem lately. it gets to the point where i shut down then it goes to "saving setting" then "logging off" but when it gets to "window is shutting down" it just stops. any idea what is causing this problem? sometime its random sometimes it happens frequently.

yup it locks up at "window is shutting down" and nope i havent chcked event because i don't even know what it is but i am right now. there was LOADs of error and warning from avast anti virus, on the anti virus tab. i never tried in safemode before. usually i just turn off the computer then when it locks up i manually shut it off then went off to sleep

I would remove Avast and see if you're still having the same problem. AVG is a better antivirus solution if you would like to try it, it is free as well.

adriana said:
yup it locks up at "window is shutting down" and nope i havent chcked event because i don't even know what it is but i am right now. there was LOADs of error and warning from avast anti virus, on the anti virus tab. i never tried in safemode before. usually i just turn off the computer then when it locks up i manually shut it off then went off to sleep

Windows 95 and Windows 98 SE (second edition) (I dunno about Windows 98 first edition) actually had that problem, while I never saw that problem with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. With Windows 2000 and Windows XP, it's probably just taking a long time. Windows 2000 and Windows XP usually responds within 2 minutes. Thus, with Windows 2000 and Windows XP, may be impatient.

If you have Windows 98 SE, there's a hotfix for this problem.

This problem isn't known under Windows 2000 nor Windows XP. :eh?:

With Windows 98 SE, this was common with the PCs at the school I used to be at. With Windows 98 SE, the problem seems to be aggravated by being on a LAN. I have yet to see this problem with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

i am using window xp pro. il try uninstalling avast and use antivir snice it has an higher detection rate. i liked avg but low detection rate.

Back