• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer check-up program.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevin007

is there a good program, that is free, that will do a check up on your computer? Like registry stuff..I think had one "the one button Check-up"..It would be good, because I think there is something wrong in that area, with this computer I am currently fixing.

your best bet is to download certain versions of programs and running them seperately..

i highly suggest not using a 1 click solution..

what is "wrong" ?

have you ran spybot search and destroy ? and antivirus ?

you may also want to check out hijackthis and microsoft antispyware

I mainly want a program, that will run a test on your computer, to see if there is a problem. I couldn't say there is anything wrong, but it would nice to know, and have it fixed. I also scanned the crap out it, so there is no spyware or any crap. With hijackthis, I have no idea what to get rid of, nor do I feel looking everything up.

Try Tune Up Utilities 2006. It has a 30 day fully functional trial program. It is a first class utility suite, and yes it has a one button function as well. It backs up everything it does and I have used it and the 2004 version and it has never screwed up my system. (I do that all by myself!:))

Back