• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfire with P5WD2 Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beastiedk

Registered
hi

this might be a dumb question but I could not find info on ASUS' website.
Does the P5WD2 Premium support ATI's crossfire? I read it does not support nVidia's SLI.
I want to save some money and be able to double graphic power without having to sent my X850 XT to retirement :p

Thanks

No it doesnt im afraid - it only has one pci-e 16x slot, so youl only ever be able to use 1 gfx card on it...

Yes, it will support Crossfire, i recieved a tech email from ATI reguarding the issue. We just have to wait for master cards, and drivers to implement it.. I would like to hope that Nvidia would allow SLI on the 955 chipset also, but i'm not holding my breath... (It's got to beat the whole C-19 chipset they have, they're probably ****y about that...)

Intel leans more toward ATi if anything so definately don't hold your breath. Enjoy a fun nForce chipset if you just have to have SLI.

Right in the CrossFire FAQ #5.

5. What motherboard is required for a CrossFire system?

A. Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire Edition and Intel i955X based dual-slot motherboards are supported platforms.

Back