• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 without SP1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bionicgran

Registered
Hi,

I've just bought an external TV Card for my laptop, but I've just remembered I've got a dodgy problem with my laptops USB ports. Basically, Im stuck with windows XP with no service packs. When I install the service packs, the USB ports just will not work, I've tried everything, even the manufactor just says dont install any service packs, so I'm stuck.

But the TV Tuner needs USB 2.0, are there any drivers I can get, without getting the service packs? Would getting a PCMCIA USB thing help?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

there's a possiblity that you could download the usb 2.0 drivers from the manufactor and just use them without the service packs.

I've just tried that now, its got an ALI .... USB Host thing, I found some ALI USB 2.0 Drivers. I ran the installation program, and it says its all installed, reboots, but when you go back to device manager, it is not showing the 'enhanced' version, just the original it was before. As its an install program, I have no ideas where it puts the drivers, so I cant force it to update.

Any Ideas?

Back