• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are temp files saved?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

When I go on-line and watch video and such where does it save it on my computer before it plays it? Is there a way to find it?

XP should be in either (using IE)

C:\Documents and Settings\[Account name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
or
C:\Documents and Settings\[Account name]\Local Settings\Temp

so if something is streaming is that where it should be? I can't manage to find what i'm looking for

ToiletDuck said:
so if something is streaming is that where it should be? I can't manage to find what i'm looking for
Depends on the browser and method of stream.

Try using the find utility to search all local disks for files of type *.whatever-movie-type-you-are-searching-for.

If you use firefox, it may well be under a directory named 'mozilla' or 'firefox' in the Application Data or Temporary Files directories.

^^^ those as well - alot of streaming is not saved locally in a format you can read but some form of temp file format with a weird extension on it.

nothing for certain. I had to evacuate because of the storm and there was a lot of storm footage on the internet hitting our area from a lot of different resources and I just wanted to save it as kind of a momento for what happened. Keep it for the years and such. Can't find a place to actually download storm footage.

Back