• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800SE looking for my limits!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paradoxx

Hi yall, I´ve been some of the threads and you always have a solution for everything. I´ve been searching for the maximum OC for my PC, this is the despcription:
P4 2.4 Notrhwood
P4P800SE Mobo
Kingston 1Gb(2x512) cual channel
Leadtek nVidia 6800 LE.

*Right now i´ve found a spot where the machine seems to work fine.
*2.4@ 2.88 --> Vcore 1.675v FSB--> 160x18 --> CPU temp Idle 32 degrees Load 47 degrees MoBo idle=load 27 degrees
*Ram freq --> 201mhz timings 2.5-3-3-6
*nVidia 6800--> freqs Core 300@345 ram 700@775
I tested this configuration and the prime seeem to work fine, before I was testing it with the CPU at 3.0Ghz and it just halted after five minutes.

What can I do to reach the 3Ghz? what other info do you need to help me?

best regards,

Paradoxx

I can't help you much with your cpu other then telling you to increase the fsb slowly and see where it begins to become stable and locate what is causing it, but have you tried to unlock the pipes from your video card? afaik the card runs with only 8 of the 16 pipes enabled.

Avg said:
I can't help you much with your cpu other then telling you to increase the fsb slowly and see where it begins to become stable and locate what is causing it, but have you tried to unlock the pipes from your video card? afaik the card runs with only 8 of the 16 pipes enabled.

I just did it, the first time run perfect with 12 pipes and 5 vertex units but, I had some issues with my windows and I had to format my system. After doing this I couldn't open the pipes again with the Riva tuner because it gave me artifacts. Do you have any explanation about this? its weird, I really don't wanna think its the vga card that could be damaged because it worked nicely with the pipes open without showing any artifacts. And what really makes me upset is that I just formated my machine, nothing else.....

Back