• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 - 4-pin Vs 8-pin 12V line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hiya

Just opened the box and see that I can connect the 12v line to this board with either a 4-pin connector or an 8-pin.

My Enermax has both (in fact I have to use an adapter to do the 4-pin)

Is there any advantage/difference in either?

A quick reply would be useful, cause I'm just throwing this baby together now

B

I use the 8-Pin connector, i have tried it with just the 4-Pin connector but it didn't seem to make a difference, i think the 8-Pin is to give you a bit more power for better stability and dual core cpu's.

Hope this helps!

d.chatten said:
I use the 8-Pin connector, i have tried it with just the 4-Pin connector but it didn't seem to make a difference, i think the 8-Pin is to give you a bit more power for better stability and dual core cpu's.

Hope this helps!

Cheers for that...

Just about to do the first boot, so timing was perfect.

Fritzy

RangerXLT8 said:
I used the 4-pin before, and then got a 4-8pin adapter and I've noticed nothing different with the 8pin.

Thanks

She's running pretty sweetly with the 8-pin.

Managed to get the 3.4 up to the levels in my sig, but have backed off a bit now until I get one of the new Zalman coolers when they finally arrive!

fritzman said:
Thanks

She's running pretty sweetly with the 8-pin.

Managed to get the 3.4 up to the levels in my sig, but have backed off a bit now until I get one of the new Zalman coolers when they finally arrive!

You mean the 3.6 right? Must be nice to have the true 14x multi.

Back