• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reloaded xp but 3d mark runs slower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schonrph

hey guys

i was having a problem with xp, so i reinstalled it and 3dmark05 gives me about half the score i got before. i have an alienware auroa 5500 and the video drivers are the same. any ideas why it would be running slower?

thanks

window's does not install your motherboards chipset drivers, you will need to install them yourself. you most likely have them on a cd that came with your system. if not got to the alienware website and download them.

that is if you haven't already, but it sounds like that's all it is.

Did you install while connected to the internet? Windows XP will become virus/spyware laden on average in 4 mins (there was a study done on this recently) without the proper patches (which you obviously don't have yet cause it's a new install).

Make sure to do the install while not connected to the net unless you are behind a firewall. Then install all patches downloaded from another PC and burned to CD.

Back