• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

junglecat

My recent interest to upgrade my system has led me here. I have learned _a lot_ in the last several days reading these forums, and have decided to overclock.

After review, I have decided on the KG7 m/b with soft menu. This m/b is rated to be compatible with DDR PC 2100. I see 2400 is available and more expensive so I assume it is higher quality, but I don't see any m/b's rated compatible with this memory. Will the 2400 work w/KG7? If so, will I get a better o/c?

the reason no motherboards are rated to work with PC2400 is that no CPU is rated to run at that speed, a FSB of 150. It should work in your computer without any problems at all....
And yes it should alow you to get a BETTER Overclock, as you should be able to get your FSB higher with PC2400 RAM over PC2100 RAM, and the a HIGHER FSB makes your computer faster MHz for MHz

Yea i can say that quality pc2400 (Mushkin) will do well i personally can get mine to 169 at highest settings and 172 at lowest settings (lease agressive timings)

Back