• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very odd issues with windows media player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stkkts

Im having a severe issue and I don’t know whats wrong. When I play files with windows media player, the video looks really weird. Colors are saturated with blue and yellow and red. So when I go into tools, options, and under video acceleration I go to advanced, if I shut off "use video mixing renderer" it works perfectly. But then it makes it so it doesn’t always play properly in full screen mode. Also, it grays out the video acceleration option so I cant adjust that from full to none. I don’t know what the hell is going on. Im not sure if it’s the video card drivers (I installed the latest ones from the ATI website) or whats going on.

Something else that is going on is that any video I have captured from my mini-dv camcorder on this new computer works perfectly in windows media player, but cant be played by divx because I get an error, however all the files that play all screwy in windows media player play fine in divx player. Any files I captured from my mini-dv camera on the old computer do play in divx player, but play with all funny colors. Unless I shut off "use video mixing renderer"

I am used to windows media player, and would like to continue using it. Im not sure why this is happening though. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I appreciate any help that can be offered. thanks.

Back