• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to unistall windows vista ? latest version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
so how do i go about doing this ? there is no option in remove programs, i did the upgrade.

it dosent give me the option to go into xp, as i did the upgrade i gave it the cd-key, then it said that was all it needed from me and it instaslled to the same partition/drive as xp. am i screwed ?

*sigh* so i guess im going to lose everything ? i'll wait till later b efore i go ahead an do anything, i'll check back at around5, then once agian around 9:40pm.

There never really is a Windows uninstall utility. As said above you will probably have to reformat.

One way to do it would be to install WindowsXP to a seperate folder, or a seperate partition and try to delete the Vista directory using a Knoppix cd after you have installed XP.

That way you still have your data (there is no way to save your XP install if you did the upgrade).

install xp on a seperate partition, and make it the default OS on boot. then boot into it and copy everything that you want to save from the old partition. Once you have everything you want to save, reformat the bad partition. That way you get a fresh install and still save all the important data.

There are several programs that do well for stuff like this, but I prefer Partition Magic.

Man, it's an easy fix. Grab your trusty XP disc, pop the sucker in. Reboot and boot from the cd. Go ahead and when it asks you to install windows, say repair. What this will do is copy all needed files for XP from the CD onto the existing directory. This replaces all missing / changed files. Then bam, you've got all your setting and data still there. Although, you will probably have to update again, but I think that is a decent trade off to reformatting and having to update anyways.

Also, where'd you get Vista? It's on sale?

i was gonna ask similarquestion to above ..

what was wrong with vist why you want to remove ??

please tell us about it ... im curious to how good it actually is seeming as it gets closer ..

but hearing a unistall is in search of makes me even more curious //

Back