• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issues installing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

System: Lanparty UT250G.
eVga Geforce 6600GT
Athlon 64 3000+
Fortron 530w
Patriot 1GB (2 x 512MB)
WD 200gb HD

First problem was the system was very unstable. Ran memtest and no issues. Heat shouldnt have been an issue. I RMAed the Video card. Now im trying to reinstall windows. I cant seem to get the windows to install now. Windows cd worked in my computer, i put it in and it auto-ran. When i tried it in my buddys computer (above) It will tell me to insert boot device etc. etc. Useing one stick of ram, one cd rom. Reset bios to fail safe. Cd-rom is first and only boot device. Ive tried 3 cd-roms. Dont know what is going on. Any hellp would be excellant. Thanks.

AlucardCasull said:
Hard drive and cdrom are both master. Never heard of an XP boot disk, whats that?
Not sure if the capability still exists, but earlier versions of NT would make boot floppies if you invoked the installer from the command line using the /ox switch (as I recall).

Ergo: winnt /ox. not sure if the capability is still there in XP.

I'll check the knowledge base...*clicky* Here is some information; they're only available thru Microsoft's website, so they did nix the /ox option. It may or may not let you start into XP setup.

It could also be that you have some random hardware problem. Reduce the system to the bare minimum required for installation (although it sounds like it's almost there already).

Did the card come back from RMA OK?

that fortron may not be the best PSU for that setup. It's really more for +5v based systems. Try a PSU with more juice on the +12v rail.

Back