• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

here i come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

I just traded my boss an axp 2400 mobo and CPU for a dual slot1 board, case, PSU, and a P3 500 and a 650 (i know (think) they wont run together, but the 650 is faster for till i get matched cpus)

the case is a 2U rackmount, PSU dieing, has 4 hotswap SCSI bays, mount for a laptop CDrom with IDE converter, i dont have the mounting bracket for the floppy, but i can fabricate somethin to work.

I havnt even managed to get down model #s and stuff. it has an ISA slot, one 64 bit PCI, and a few PCIs, and a 2 slot PCI riser card, looks like it would work in any ole PCI slot. has a chip and stuff on it. i cleaned out the dust and stuff at work (what i did pretty much all day haha) and its much better. PSU is modular, with 2 strings of molexes, and then the ATX and other connector (looks like a single plug from an AT supply)

on the board the 8 pin connector is unused in its current state, and i have the dummy board thing, whatever tis called in the second CPU slot. im gonan try it with a real psu in it tonight, see if it stays running. the PSU in the other one thats upstairs in the office died so it was swapped from this system that has been sitting idle for a long *** time. I'll try to figure out why this PSU decides to shut off, but i wanna get this at least runnign first. tihnkin of takin the mobo out of the case and puttin it in a tower, since i have no rack and its REALLY deep. plus i cant fit the nice TT coolers in there with the cover on, they're too tall. 2U rackmount case, have the key to the front and have my old lappys cdrom mounted, no SCSI drives yet :-( and floppy is just tossed in there.

It's gonan be fun, im bout to get some pics and share them, so ill be posting back in a few mins with more specific info.

Cool? I think you got ripped, though. Dual s1 mobos on ebay will run you $35 shipped max. Processors, ~$100 for matched-stepping 1ghz if the board requires it, less if it doesn't. Registered ram on ebay is about $25 for 512mb pc133.

Hopefully you'll have fun and that's all that matters.

well, with the socket A board not posting, and having a fuxxored ram Vreg, is it such a bad deal? if nothing else, i got a 2U rackmount case with 4 hotswap SCSI bays in it.

If i can figure out why the PSU turns itself off after a few seconds... it would be a nice case. 24 pin modular cabled psu, PCI riser card, laptop CD rom to IDE adapter. the case says intel on the back, dunno if it was made by intel or not, but looks to be a decent case.

Well you didn't mention the fact that the mobo was screwed up. That changes a lot.

Have you tried jumping the powersupply with a paperclip to see how long it'll stay on by itself?

i have it running, barely. got a pair of P3 600s in it running, i was lucky enough to come across 2 at random from scrappin old comps and they have the same stepping. Only have one stick of ream that runs in it (rest give messages about not bein PC100)

the psu seems screwed, i have my crappy cheap 400 watter running it for now, and it dont fit inside the case which sucks. ill try to figure out the PSU at a later time. the original cdrom i had for it dont work, so i havea really slow one in it now, came from an external enclosure w/ PCMCIA controller card attached, pulled out the drive and stuck it in the IDE adapter. HDD is a 4 gig, just for playin with it. halfway through winxp install, and im at school now. it seems fun so far, have the crappy coolers on the CPUs still. thinkin of goin with the TT gold colored ones, and cutting off the tip fins so it'll clear the 2u.

Back